Re: A small request - post top of /usr/info/dir

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 07:01, Harry Putnam wrote:
> I don't currently have a debian installation running.  Can someone
> post the top of /usr/info/dir down to and including the first line
> containing `Menu.'

-*- Text -*-
This is the file .../info/dir, which contains the topmost node of
the Info hierarchy.  The first time you invoke Info you start off
looking at that node, which is (dir)Top.
^_
File: dir       Node: Top       This is the top of the INFO tree
  This (the Directory node) gives a menu of major topics.  Typing "d"
  returns here, "q" exits, "?" lists all INFO commands, "h"  gives a
  primer for first-timers, "mTexinfo<Return>" visits Texinfo topic,
  etc.
  Or click mouse button 2 on a menu item or cross reference to select
  it.
  --- PLEASE ADD DOCUMENTATION TO THIS TREE. (See INFO topic first.) ---

In Debian GNU/Linux, Info `dir' entries are added with the command
`install-info'.  Please refer to install-info(8) for usage details.

* Menu: The list of major topics begins on the next line.

Isle of Wight, UK
http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
     "And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in
      burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the
      voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than
      sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams."
                                     I Samuel 15:22