Re: LDAP and ssl

Dear all,

   Juz sudden ideas.. would it be a good idea to have a ldap*-ssl
packages under the non-US section?

Jacky Hui

nate wrote:

<quote who="Hui Chun Kit">
Dear all,

  I want to ask if I want to use OpenLDAP and SSL/StartTLS, what
should I do besides downloading the deb source packages and
modifying the switches and make the packages again? I ask this
because when I run apt-get upgrade, it asks me whether I want
to upgrade those ldap packages even though the version number is the same

what i do is mark them as HOLD:

dpkg --get-selections >selections
(edit selections, change install to hold for the packages you want to
hold)
dpkg --set-selections <selections

i have many openldap/ssl systems which i do this, works pretty
well

nate