spamassassin error

Hi list!

I'm running woody and spamassassin with everything that's recommended
in the spamassassin package.

# /etc/default/spamd.conf
# Duncan Findlay
# November 2001

# WARNING read README.spamd before using.  THERE ARE SECURITY RISKS!

# Change to one to enable spamd
ENABLED=1

# See man spamd for possible options. The -d option is automatically added.
OPTIONS="-c"

I get the following error:

# /etc/init.d/spamassassin restart
Restarting SpamAssassin Mail Filter Daemon: Failed to run A_FROM_IN_AUTO_WLIST SpamAssassin test, skipping:
        (Can't locate object method "check_for_auto_whitelist" via package "Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" (perhaps you forgot to load "Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus"?) at /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgStatus.pm line 1529.
)
spamd.

I've purged and reinstalled, but the problem persists. Do you have
any idea what's wrong?

-Andre