RE: help with nic

Ernst-Magne Vindal <ernst@bluecom.no> wrote:

Hi
I have search the web for info about a integrated nic, but have not find
any yet. I have an integrated ADMtech AN983 10/100 pci that I need to
install the driver for.
Does anyone know what I shall use for driver in debian?

/ernst

Try the "tulip.o" driver module. I would use a fairly recent kernel such as 2.2.20 or 2.4.18 because there were some reports about a year ago of some people having trouble with this particular chipset. It is the same one used in some versions of the Lynksys lne100, I "think".

If you have trouble with the kernel drivers, then you might want to grab the latest & greatest from Don Becker's site at http://www.scyld.com/.

The dist (Debian vs Red Hat, etc) should not make any difference since the driver is a function of the kernel used and Debian really doesn't modify the "stock" kernel stuff very much. If you had it working on another Linux dist, then use the same driver that worked before.

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-