Re: locating modules?

On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, Seneca wrote:

 > If a module is loaded, then lsmod should show it. As the nic is onboard,
 > I would guess that you could look up some information about the model
 > from checking your manuals, or by opening up your system and reading it
 > off the board.

I just did a floppy install on some old hardware with
an onboard NIC.  No modules got loaded, but the module
that I need is in the /lib/modules/2.2.20/net
directory.  When I do a insmod for ne.o it tells me
that I'm trying to load a module without a GPL.

This computer is going to be a Linux wireless access
point and it has no CD so I need to get the NIC
functioning so that I can continus the upgrade.  Any
help loading this module is appreciated.