Re: Debian mirrors

--- Richard Kimber <rkimber@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Can anyone suggest some up-to-date mirrors?  It
> seems that the one I've
> been using is not properly up-to-date.
>
> Thanks.
> - Richard.
> <<SNIP>>

Here's what I used yesterday

# The following site was benchmarked at 147.20 kB/s
#deb ftp://debian.ens-cachan.fr/debian/ testing main
deb ftp://debian.rutgers.edu/pub/ testing main

# The following site was benchmarked at 107.22 kB/s
deb ftp://debian.rutgers.edu/pub/ testing contrib

# The following site was benchmarked at 106.03 kB/s
deb ftp://ftp.index.hu/debian/ testing non-free

Note that I commented out the .fr domain one as I was
having troubles with it. I usually save a tops list
when I run apt-spy, that way I have a list of fast
mirrors to choose from is one fails.

``apt-spy -d testing -s tops.txt''

=====
rascharles@yahoo.com