Re: Package conflicts

Hi John,

John Hasler wrote:
> Joseph writes:
> > It looks like the man page for `ant' (a Java build tool) conflicts with
> > the man page for `ant', a display hack in the xscreensaver distribution
>
> I'd file bugs against both packages (mentioning that in the reports) and
> let the maintainers work it out.

I thought about doing that, but I did not do this in my Bug report
(154188).

This is because ant is a widely spread build tool and the ant in the
xscreensaver package is a hidden program and the manpage only exists
to policy requirements.

So, I think ant's manpage is more important than the xscreesavers' ant
one.

see http://bugs.debian.org/154188 more more details, where other
persons have the same position I have.

Regards,