Re: Changelog on packages.debian.org

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 06:24:04PM +0100, Liam Ward wrote:
> Wouldn't it be great if you could view the Changelog(s) directly on
> packages.debian.org or am I missing something?

Yes, it'd be great (Debian bugs #102214, #103889, #108578, #109676, and
#142385), but it's not possible at the moment for technical reasons -
pulling the changelog out of the .deb on a mirror every time somebody
requests it is very resource-intensive, and the lintian lab that used to
make it possible has been out of action for some time.

In the meantime, try installing apt-listchanges, which will let you view
changelogs for the packages you're upgrading after downloading them but
before installing them.

Cheers,