Re: Xwindows

* New Star Service Company (newstar@gononet.com) [020724 10:18]:
> I'm newbie in debian also in linux.
> Purchase Debian 3.0 , Startx only show KDE.
> but I like to see gnome, wmaker
> How can I see all other window manager ?

Ensure that they are installed. For gnome, you'll need gnome-session and
windowmaker is in package wmaker.

Then you can select which is your default x session with the
update-alternatives command. Try both of the following (as root):

update-alternatives --config x-session-manager
update-alternatives --config x-window-manager

You can also install a display manager like gdm or kdm (or any of many
other ?dm's) which may have a menu of available sessions on its login
screen, so that you can select a different one easily each time you log
in. I know for a fact that gdm and kdm do it, others may or may not
include a "Sessions" menu.

good times,
Vineet
--