Re: naming schemes (was Re: Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 released)

On 22 Jul 2002, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 04:28, Colin Watson wrote:
> > Last time I checked, they were a handy lower bound for the founding of
> > most towns in the US ...

So they should be called the bounding fathers?

> (Is anyone considered to have "founded" England as it is known now
> (Magna Carta? William the Conqueror? the 1st post-Saxon king), or is
> that just not part of the English tradition?

In school we were taught the first King of All England was Egbert of
Wessex. A quick google search gives his dates as 809-830 AD.

Or if you believe the Arthurian legends, it was Aurelius Ambrosius.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>