Re: Tomcat4 in Woody not starting

On 04 Jul 2002 23:24:30 +0200, Dominique Deleris <ddeleris@bluewin.ch> said:

 Dominique> Hello everybody.
 Dominique> I have installed tomcat4 in Woody, but it won't start at boot
 Dominique> time when executing the init script (/etc/init.d/tomcat4). If I
 Dominique> execute the script from a shell when su-ed to root, it works
 Dominique> perfectly fine.

 Dominique> Now I've discovered that tomcat will start at boot time if and
 Dominique> only if TOMCAT4_USER is set to root in /etc/default/tomcat4,
 Dominique> which is certainly not secure... It is normally set to tomcat4,
 Dominique> user created at package installation.

 Dominique> Any help realy appreciated !

Has anybody a clue on this ?

--
Dominique Deleris