Re: tasksel

craig ferry wrote:
> I have just installed woody over ftp.  However have tried to add a
> desktop system using tasksel. Tasksel starts as normal and downloads
> the packages as expected. However when it reaches the end and not all
> the packages have been succesfully downloaded rather than going back
> and continuing it just exits to the prompt. Running tasksel again
> starts the whole downlaod process again rather than starting where it
> left off.  I am running on i386.  dselect has no record of the
> packages being selected and so can't help.  I'm not sure if any other
> information is needed to describe the problem but can anyone clarify
> what may be going wrong.

I'm afraid that is normal behavior if running tasksel manually at the
prompt; since it just asks apt to install the selected packages, and if
apt fails there is no record of the packages selected. You can work
around this by running tasksel -q, selecting your task, exiting, and
running apt-get dselect-upgrade. Or you can just use aptitude, which
also supports tasks, and is much less hackish.

--
see shy jo