What FM do I Read for Win XP - Linux networking

The subject says almost all of it. I have two machines running Lose XP,
one running 98, and a Debian 3.0 machine that I'd like to do file and
printer sharing and perhaps share other devices.

My question is which Manuals (and other documents) do I read FIRST, before
attempting this? I have and am reading Sam's Samba Primer Plus.

Of course, I'd like step by step instructions if a pointer is available,
but reading the manuals comes before I ask anyone to write this  for me.

David Teague