Re: 120GB Hard Disk, Debian and Partition Suggestions

> On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 05:28:06 -0500
> nick lidakis <nick.lidakis@verizon.net> wrote: (in part)
<snip>
> had a similar pb and didn't use parted (look at the doc of it )
> IMHO NEVER replace 2 HD's by 1 !
<snip>

Hi Nick:

Why do you say this? As long as you have swap on a different
disk, things should be OK.

Maybe I need to have swap and the system disk on a
different controller, but don't know/remember enough
about IDE/ATA controllers and drives to be sure. When
I was doing this seriously, I was still running SCSI drives
with ISA/VESA (brown slots?). I kept swap on a different
disk because SCSI drives can seek on one drive while
fetching data from another.

Anyhow why should I never replace 2 HDs by 1?

--David