Re: X3 -> X4

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 05:43:03PM -0400, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
> I have the feeling I'm being a bit stupid here, or that I missed something
> when installing version 4.1.0.1 of X.  All I know is, I wasn't`prompted
> for any configuration options and, when I was done, I was still running
> version 3.

When I changed over, debconf came up asking about configuration. The
question is, what are your xserver packages? (xserver-xfree86 is the X4
one, the others are X3)

> Is there a configurator for X4?  (anXious and xf86config seem to produce
> XF86Config files for version 3.)

There is. It just happens to be called... xf86config. xf86config-v3 is
used for XF86Config files for X3, and I'm not sure about anXious.

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com