Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 "You've been idle xxx min."

Since upgrading to GNU/Linux 3.0 I have consistently been kicked out of working spaces, including installs, and other standard operations with the following error message: "whittake: You've been idle for the 128 min. You'll be logged-off in 30 seconds unless you hit a key.
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 big.sbasite.com tty1"
What can I do about short circuiting or removing what ever it is that is causing it?
Homer Whittaker
whittake@sbaflorida.com