Can't eject cdrom

Here is my situation:

I have an ide cd burner which runs with scsi emulation, so i can burn stuff
with it. I did a dummy run with gcombust and stopped it (clicked the stop
button). I couldn't access the device since. I stopped all the processes that
might have been accessing it and i still couldn't eject the darn cd. Then i
installed eject, which also couldn't eject it. Then i used fuser to kill any
processes accessing /dev/cdrom, /dev/scd0 and /dev/sg0. I still can't do
anything with the cd. The eject button doesn't work, eject doesn't work,
cdrecord can't access it...

Can anyone tell me what I could do to reclaim my cd drive?