Re: GeForce4 Ti4200 and Linux / debian?

On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 21:49, Dave Price wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Can anyone offer any personal experience with  the nvidia GeForce4
> Ti4200 card under linux?
>
> How well is it supported?
>
> I understand that nvidia divers are closed-source, but do they work
> well with this card 'out of the box'?
>
> Is this card significantly better under linux than other nvidia
> cards, such as the mx400 or 420?
>
> Any input would be appreciated!

I'm using an A-Open GeForce4 Ti4200 card myself and haven't had any
problems except that I needed to change from the standard "nv" driver to
the closed "nvidia" driver.

Just install the installer packages for the kernel module and the driver
itself, change some lines in your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file and all is
set.

I haven't looked at performance yet, but it appears significantly faster
than my old GeForce2-Pro.

--
| | _ _| | |_                                              Kees de Bruin
| |/ / _ | _ \                                  e-mail: kees@kdbruin.net
|_|\_\___|___/               "Read the manual -- what a radical concept"