Loadlin bug fixed?

Good day -- I have woody (on a computer whose monitor is now blown), and
loadlin.

I was unable to recompile my kernel before, because of a bug in which
Loadlin could not
understand the bz2 file compression format.

I went through a bug search on loadlin, and found that it is no longer
listed.
However, I don't know what the fix is.  Is it a new loadlin?  Or a new
kernel-compile method?

If anybody knows, I'd appreciate an answer on that, so that I can
update.

Alternatively, if anybody knows how I can find out what the fix was, I'd
appreciate that instead.

    In case you aren't set up to handle followup-to, please cc: me at
dscpublZ@picusnet.com
    (but remove the Z -- I've inserted that to fool spam harvesters).