Re: apt-get kernel question

At 11:56 PM 7/19/02, Jason Lunz wrote:
rattis@dhol.org said:
> A little while back I used apt-get to upgrade my kernel to 2.4.18 on my
> laptop. Since then, when ever I do an apt-get upgrade the kernel is
> upgraded as well.  I want to build my own kernel from source now
> since there are some issues that I'm having with the pre-built kernel.
>
> Is there a way to set it up so when I upgrade the kernel won't be, and
> it won't remove the kernel at all? I was thinking apt-get remove, but if
> I understand it correctly that would remove the kernel as well.

You can put the package on hold, or you can use the --revision option to
make-kpkg to make the kernel package's revision newer than all
debian-supplied kernels. See the "Versions and revisions" section of
/usr/share/doc/kernel-package/README.gz.

Jason

Thanks. Gives me some places to check and that's what I was looking for.