Re: 120GB Hard Disk, Debian and Partition Suggestions

> What are the general recommendations for large hard disk and Debian
> workstations?

This is a high-end, single-user machine? Here's my recommendation: don't
bother with partitions. At very most, make a /var partitions so an
out-of-hand log doesn't bring you down.

Partitions a very inflexible solution to what for single-user machines is
basically a non-problem.

On servers and multi-user machines I run, I spend time worrying about
isolating volumes, but instead of paritioning, I just buy loads of
independent drives. A much more scalable solution. My home machine, on the
other hand, is very simple: / and /var partitions on one drive, /home on a
sperate drive.