Re: HELP: where went my virtual desktops under sawfish?????

* Vineet Kumar (debian-user@virtual.doorstop.net) [020719 03:50]:
> * Bruno Boettcher (bboett@bboett.dyndns.org) [020719 00:01]:
> > Hello!
> >
> > didn't made an update since long, and now i lost my virtual desktops
> > under sawfish???
>
> What version do you now have? virtual desktops larger than a single
> viewport were abandoned in version 1.1 in favor of many
> single-viewport-sized workspaces. If you think this sucks, you're not
> alone among sawfish users everywhere.

Okay, so I reply to my own post in order to point out that it was
uninformed FUD. Please disregard it. After reading some on the sawfish
mailing list archives, I realize that support is (or at least will be)
there for a desktop that acts and feels like the old viewport paradigm,
but I can't tell how far along it's come. I think those mailing list
archives are the right place to look for more info.

--
http://www.doorstop.net/