Re: xawtv won't quit the channel sound when exit

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 04:40:02AM -0400, ThanhVu Nguyen wrote:
> I use xawtv on  an Ati Wonder VE using the bttv drivers (compiled as
> modules in the kernel)
>
> The problem is when I quit xawtv, the channel sound stills go on ... I
> have to manually modprobe -r bttv if I want to the sound to quit.
>
> the xawtv version is  xawtv-3.72 , sid , kernel 2.4.18.
>
> here's what I have in my /etc/modutils/actions
>
> post-install bttv modprobe -k tuner
> post-remove bttv modprobe -r tuner
>

> Anyone experiences the same thing ?

Yep, but that's a feature. :)

What I tend to do is have a script in ~/bin called "xawtv" and put
"export PATH=~/bin:$PATH" in my .bashrc.

#!/bin/sh
#
# ~/bin/xawtv

setmixer line 80
/usr/bin/xawtv
setmixer line 0

Obviously you can replace setmixer with whatever mixer program you
want to use (setmixer works for me and is only 6k or something).

This might not be the best way of doing it, but it works for me.

--
Daniel Rees - dan@danielrees.me.uk - http://www.danielrees.me.uk
PGP: 0x227BB64B - send e-mail in privacy with GnuPG at http://gnupg.org