Re: Need Reasons for switching to Debian from Redhat

On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 00:06, nate wrote:
> <quote who="Ron Johnson">
>
> > I wonder how many security holes are in those unpatched systems?
>
> i think not as many as the unpatched solaris 2.5.1 and
> 2.6 and 2.7 systems. and HPUX 10.20. not sure how (in)secure
> Tru64 4.0 is ..

True, but irrelevant to this discussion.

> still pretty bad though. a lot depends on tight network security
> protecting the internal network. the users don't like to patch
> because then it may not be the same as a customer.

Great that it's protected from outsiders.  What about disgruntled
employees?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment |
|  by men of zeal, well-meaning, but without understanding."      |
|   Justice Louis Brandeis, dissenting, Olmstead v US (1928)      |