Re: Need Reasons for switching to Debian from Redhat

In muc.lists.debian.user, you wrote:

>>   * Setup/configure for a package fails and installer has to be
>>     restarted. I counted NINE times through this cycle before
>
> Ohh, sorry to hear that. Actually, it also happened here sometimes
> that some packages (for whichever reason) refused to configure /
> install, but it never happened _that_ often, here.

I watched the package count, and it managed to install 10-15
packages on each pass.  I don't rememter the total package
count, but it was around 100.

> Seems this also
> is a lot more stable in woody than in potato?

Dunno.  The floppies install potato.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Does someone from
                                  at               PEORIA have a SHORTER