Re: Gnome 2

Willy S wrote:

> But I believe his question was not specific enough, what did he mean
> by "Is Gnome 2 ready for any time...?" Does it mean that Gnome is
> ready to use, or does it mean Gnome is ready to be included in the
> Debian package?

In the context of the debian-user mailing list, I think the question "Is
Gnome2 available?" suggests "Is Gnome2 in the Debian repository?", to
which the answer is, it's in experimental, gradually migrating into
unstable piece-by-piece, but certainly won't be in Woody. It would then
also be worth noting that you can just get it from gnome.org. However,
sarcasm or put-downs did not seem to me to be called for.

Craig