Re: Need Reasons for switching to Debian from Redhat

At 11:47 PM 7/17/02, you wrote:
I can use some moral support here.

We use Redhat at my job for technical work.  My
instincts are to switch to Debian (I have both RedHat
and Debian at home).  I'm running into a bit of
resistance.

Are there substantial reasons, in your view for making
the switch to Debian?

My initial thoughts are "Completely GNU."

Much more supportive (it seems to me ) web page.

Better package management system.

A better way to say all that is:

Better support
more effecent
more secure (goes with support and being completely
GNU, most companies don't care about price).
More felxable (again GNU)

Just a few things I said to get it past the management
where I used to work. They thought it was to hard to
configure, so they went to Turbo Linux, and Redhat.