d-link wireless nic

Hi,

My dad just brought home some wireless networkig stuff, and i want one
of the nics working in my linux box.  It is a d-link dwl-500.  A quick
search on google for 'd-link dwl-500 linux' brought up a bunch of stuff
and it looks like the pc-card version of this is supported, but i have
the PCI version (which is actually just the pc-card mounted on a pci
card).  Anyway, i didn't see anything about the pci version so i was
wondering if their was a way i could get the computer to recognize it as
pc-card, or if their is a way to get it working as a normal pci card...

Thanks,
Cameron Matheson