Re: DHCP - 2.4.18 Kernel - recently recompiled {newbie}

Lisa> I am still struggling with my network card after I recompiled
Lisa> kernel 2.4.18. I managed to get the card recognized, but it is not
Lisa> getting an IP address from my router. Any help is greatly
Lisa> appreciated. Below are the commands that have been recommended to
Lisa> run and they're corresponding information. Let me know if there's
Lisa> something else I need to run.

You are probably using dhclient which requires certain kernel options
turned on.  If you check your log files, you should be able to find out
which ones.  I think that they were CONFIG_NETFILTER and CONFIG_PACKET.
(A grep for CONFIG should probably find it for you.)

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA