xine stops playing dvds

Hi,

I installed xine-ui and xine-dvdnav on kernel 2.4.18.  I can open and
begin playing a DVD just fine.  But after a few minutes it simply stops
playing the DVD and I'm returned to the dvd menu.  I ran xine-check, and
things seemed to be fine (couldn't find the xine logo).  I checked and
have dma turned on for my dvd drive.  Does anybody have any suggestions
as to what is happening?  I have a fairly new athlon 1800 so that should
be fast enough.  Thanks,

Ric