Re: Preparation for Debian Installatin

<quote who="alex">
> I was a bit facetious with the options but was hoping that someone would
> comment about #5.

> There is a website that describes Potato packages but shouldn't this
> information be on the CD?

might be helpful ..of all my debian installs, even the first ones i
did I honestly don't remember reading any instructions except those on
the installer itself as I installed ..(back in 1998) ..

and to a newbie it may not be all that useful, but it can't hurt. in
the early days i didn't know what half the packages were or what
they did ..at least i think..it was so long ago its like another lifetime
ago. those days i think i spent a lot of time on freshmeat downloading
and compmiling apps.. needless to say the resulting slink system
was in no way ever in a state to even think about upgrading to potato
when it came out..just started fresh.

would be even cooler if the debian install cds just came with a copy
of the basic debian website(excluding mailing list archives and such).