Re: true transparency?

grante@visi.com wrote:
> Making the terminal window background opaque would make it even
> more readable.  Perhaps I'm being pedestrian, but providing
> readable text is the whole point of a terminal window.

Amen brother. I don't use transparent paper either.

As far as I can see the purpose of the transparent terminals seems to be
mostly a vehicle for the series of boringly similar screenshots you'll
find that feature one terminal, a mp3 player, and a huge "cool" desktop
background (aka "theme") that is the entire focus of the screenshot, and
to which all running programs must be subservient.  Amusingly, I've seen
one of those screenshots featured as the Apple inside cover ad on
several magazines now[1]..

--
see shy jo

[1] Be sure to check out the load in top if you have that ad; it's
    unbelievable for an unloaded modern system.