Re: .gif's spotted on debian.org ?!

>> Aren't gifs politically incorrect these days?

John> Compressed ones infringe a patent.  Uncompressed ones are ok.

Aren't uncompressed gifs in general wastefully large?  Definitely not
smart computing?  Also, for a junior user like me who never notices
whether a gif is compressed or uncompressed while browsing, isn't it
still a bad message to give that 'we support gifs' because everybody
will think they are the compressed ones (can one really find users
using uncompressed ones?)
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780