Re: error message from CVS

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 01:41:46AM +0800, Michael C Alonzo wrote:
> > pecondon@big:~/co/s2$ cvs commit
> > cvs commit: Examining .
> > cvs: hash.c:312: findnode: Assertion `key != ((void *)0)' failed.
> > cvs [commit aborted]: received abort signal
> >
> > Please suggest how I should deal with this.
> >
> > Further details: I'm running Woody on i386. Repository is on the localhost.
> > What else might matter?
>
> what's your CVSROOT? have you tried

taken from output of env:

CVSROOT=/var2/cvs

this is, in fact, what I intend, and my repository is there and does have
useable permissions.

/var2 is a partition that I setup so that I would have a place to hold things
that I wanted to have survive massive changes in my configuration.

> cvs -d /path/to/repository commit ?

as expected from above comment, I get same (bad) result when I try this.

Thanks for trying.
Any other ideas? , he asks hopefully.

--
Paul E Condon