Re: NIC Card Problems

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 07:52:57AM -0400, Mike Liford wrote:
| I have a 3Com NIC card. The only number I can recognize on it is
| 3C450. I have no idea which driver to select during the network
| installation. I don't want to go through the whole list of 3Com
| drivers.

I've not heard of the 450 before.

| Something must work because Red Hat Linux 7.3 had no problem with
| it. Their installation never asks about the NIC card.
|
| Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Do you still have RH installed?  Boot it up and run '/sbin/lsmod'.
The driver will be one of those in the list.

Alternatively look on google for references to that card and see what
driver others say works with it.

(and then you'll actually know what it took to run it :-))

-D

--
The heart is deceitful above all things
    and beyond cure.

I the Lord search the heart
    and examine the mind,
to reward a man according to his conduct,
    according to what his deeds deserve.

        Jeremiah 17:9-10

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/