Dell Poweredge 1650 and the aacraid

Hi all,

I've had a Poweredge 1650 dropped on my desk with 'install our software' on it. It has Redhat installed on it already I'm told.

Now we only support our stuff on Debian, and I havent a clue about Redhat.

I've aliened the afacli utility for the PERC3/Di RAID controller, and found the magic numbers for the kernel boot prompt. Will I need any magic for the Intel Gigabit NIC(s)?

Has anyone got this hardware to play nice with Woody?

Or should I send it back and say 'Give me something that supports Open Standards"?

John P Foster (who doesnt make the beer, but desperately needs one)