OT--Re: 2.6 kernel

On Wednesday 10 July 2002 01:44 pm, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> [2002.07.10.2237 +0200]:
> > >
> > > i have no reason to disbelieve you, but it would help if you could
> > > mention your birthday along these lines. whatever, it really doesn't
> > > matter...
> >
> > modprobe humour
>
> i did figure.

so a witticism in english by a native french-speaker, which seemed to be
misunderstood by a native german-speaker, is attemptedly clarified by a
native english-speaker acting on the assumption that the second didn't get
the first, but....

kind of explains why you never hear raucous laughter at a u.n. session.

ben