Re: Strange error message from chronyd

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 23:32, John Hasler wrote:
> Mario Vukelic writes:
> > Bad command logon from 127.0.0.1 port 32769 (md5_ok=1 valid_ts=0)
>
> This says that chronyc is conecting from localhost and attempting to
> authenticate with an invalid password.  Does the message occur every time
> your ppp connection goes up and/or down?

John, a real maintainer's answer ;) absolutely precise, thanks  Yes, I
get the message together with "/etc/ppp/ip-up finished"
Which makes it clear why it coincided with my ISP change. Before I was
conncected with eth0 and a cable modem, now I use PPPoe
I followed you advice, and it worked flawlessly. And in the process I
learned that I have to investigate other stuff in /etc/ppp/ip-up|down.d
too.
Thanks again, M.