Re: request for help with lilo on testing

On  0, Andy Halper <ashalper@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I recently switched from Red Hat to Debian.  I installed the 2.4.18 kernel to
> be able to mount my old Red Hat ext3 /home disk, but I can't seem to get lilo
> to boot it properly.  The error message is:
>

> VFS: Mounted root (cramfs filesystem)
>
> kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k block-major-3, errno = 2
>
> VFS: cannot open root device "301" or 03:01

So, do you have a valid root= boot option?  What root= option are you
using?  Can you send a relevant slab from lilo.conf?

Tom

--
Tom Cook

"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by candlelight."
	- George Gobol

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au