Re: MS Powerpoint & MS Publisher

Hi Keith,

Keith O'Connell wrote:
> If I were looking to move someone from Windows to Linux (in this case my wife). What applications could I present her with to replace low-level use of MS Powerpoint and MS Publisher?
>
> I am looking to replace functionality, but the ability to read/write in ppt and pub formats would be a big plus.

PowerPoint: OpenOffice.org (see another posting in this thread)

Publisher: maybe scribus can work for you; although the program can
only write to his own format and PDF so there's no possibility to
exchange.
Maybe the good DTP-like features you _can_ do with OpenOffice.org are
enough...

Regards,

Rene