Re: MS Powerpoint & MS Publisher

also sprach Keith O'Connell <keith_oconnell@blueyonder.co.uk> [2002.07.08.2305 +0200]:
> If I were looking to move someone from Windows to Linux (in this
> case my wife). What applications could I present her with to replace
> low-level use of MS Powerpoint and MS Publisher?
>
> I am looking to replace functionality, but the ability to read/write
> in ppt and pub formats would be a big plus.

OpenOffice:

cat << EOF >> /etc/apt/sources.list
deb ftp://ftp.vpn-junkies.de/openoffice unstable main contrib
deb-src ftp://ftp.vpn-junkies.de/openoffice unstable main contrib
EOF
apt-get update
apt-get install openoffice.org

if billy gates had a penny for every time,
a windoze box crashed...
oh, wait a minute -- he already does.