Re: Pico

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 08:50:56AM -0300, Leonardo Custodio wrote:
> Isn't there a text editor called pico under Debian Linux? I can't seem to
> find it in both dselect and main site.

Pico is part of Pine. And Pine is non-free and stuff. You want nano:

$ apt-cache show nano
 GNU nano is a free replacement for Pico, the default Pine editor. Pine is
 copyrighted under a slightly restrictive license, that makes it unsuitable
 for Debian's main section. GNU nano is an effort to provide a Pico-like
 editor, but also includes some features that were missing in the original,
 such as 'search and replace', 'goto line' or internationalization support.
 As it's written from scratch, it's smaller and faster.

But really, I fail to see why anyone would want to use it :-)

--
Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix