note on upgrade from potato to woody - use woody's apt, dselect

>From my recent experience:

I read the release notes on upgrading:

http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/i386/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html

I chose the recommended method of using dselect, but I could not get out of
dselect alive. After I had finished my selections, dselect went through a
final dependency check, and offered me a final selectioin screen in which all
the packages were to be purged. I did a 'D' to force installation, and 'Q' to
override dselect's dependencies and exit. However the output of
	# dpkg --get-selections

showed that NO packages was marked for 'install'.

I did this a couple of times, before I concluded that the problem was not due
to any errant typing on my part (the menu navigation in dselect is a little
funky).

At that point, I went to the 'not recommended' method of using apt-get. It
suggests that

	apt-get install dpkg apt debconf

from woody should be done first.

I followed the release-notes and used apt-get to upgrade to woody. But I used
dselect (and subsequently aptitude) to add to and fine tune my package
selection afterwards.

However, I think the crucial thing is to install the woody version of apt
(which includes the dselect front-end) etc., then deselect would have worked
for the entire upgrade.