OT -- was Re: Can't connect to Internet

On Sunday 07 July 2002 07:10 pm, Kent West wrote:
> >your self edit in the original post shows as much discretion
> >as any reader of this list should need.
>
> The "self-edit" still put the word in *my* brain, where I'd prefer it
> not to be.
>
> Call me a prude . . . .   :-)

c'mon, kent. do a search of the archives for the expression he used, and then
a search to see how much offense that usage has drawn. of course it brings
'the word' to mind--in fact, that's the point of abbreviated usage, to
indicate how frustrated and how much in need of aid the user is at a given
point. the fact that it's not gratuitiously used or addressed with an intent
to demean or insult anyone in particular is a clear indication that the usage
is equivalent to the kind of expression any one of us might give voice to
after some hours hammering at the same problem.

in fact, i find egregious censorship even more offensive than the expression
of expletives issued without intent to demean or dehumanize any other
individual.

@#$%'s sake, lighten up.

ben