Re: WINE install shield error

On Sunday 07 July 2002 06:27 pm, Reid Gilman wrote:
> I'm trying to run WINE and install a program.  When I start the
> installer it loads it and then it gives an error stating: "Setup has
> detected that unInstallShield is in use.  Please close unInstallShield
> and restart setup.  Error 432."  Anyone know how to resolve this?  If I
> don't run unInstallShield it says "InstallShield is in use" instead.

i'm full-on guessing here, but it seems like, since wine is an emulator that
sets up virtual resources, you're demanding more than it can deliver if you
ask it to refer to actual resources--as in disk space allocation. i don't use
wine, but i do remember, in a thread about running wp51 in wine, the main
complaint was about the inability to save files created in a user session.
there may well be a workaround to that issue, but i haven't heard of it yet.

loath as i am to suggest that you boot windon't, maybe that's the only
alternative.

ben