Re: Debian & microcontrollers

On  0, "Musang S.X." <musangsx@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi, again. Thanks for the help on "printing",
> everybody...
>
> Now, I'm not sure if I'm asking in the right place,
> but...
>
> Does anybody know about any microcontroller project
> under GNU/Linux (Debian, of course, if possible)...?
>
> Especially for Intel 8051s and Atmel AVRs...
>
> Heard of a "avrtools" (?) .deb package? Is it already
> in "stable" or still in "unstable"...?

Do this:

http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_packages

Section: any

There is an assembler and a programmer.  If you are OK with the
testing distro (which is soooo close to release anyway) then there is
a truckload of stuff - a C library, a gcc cross-compiler, an assembler
or two, binutils for avr, a simulator...

With all this stuff you should be able to port the linux kernel to avr
if you so wish, although that sounds like a painful job to me (and
most of the modules would be irrelevant).  Someone's probably done it
already...

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"If your  company is not involved in something called "ISO 9000" you
probably have no idea what it is.  If your company _is_ involved in ISO
9000 then you definitely have no idea what it is."
	- Scott Adams - The Dilbert principle

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au