Re: CDRW utility?

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 03:03:44PM -0700, Larry Smith wrote:
> Is there a utility I can install in Potato to make use
> of the "write" capacity if my ide cdrw unit?

cdrecord  and mkisofs are the main tools - there are many shells that
wrap these up for you.

For IDE, you will also need SCSI emulation on the cdwriter device, since
the burning tools (cdrecord and friends) all use the generic scsi
interface protocol.

See the CD-Writing HOW-TO in the usual places for the blow-by-blow.

There is also a lot of discussion in the archives of this list on
getting the SCSI emulation tweaked.

aloha,
dave