kernel-patch-preempt-2.4 stability?

I've tried the kernel-patch-preempt-2.4 patch a few times, on different
2.4 kernel-source packages, and each time the result has been a kernel
that never runs as long as 24 hours without crashing. I've used exactly
the same .config file as for my usual 2.4.18 kernel, and that kernel has
had no stability problems that I've noticed. But adding the preempt
patch and enabling preemption has repeatedly given me a kernel that
crashes after somewhere between 8 and 24 hours.

Have others had this problem with the stability of kernels with the
preemption patch?

--
 .~.
 /V\   Lance Simmons