Re: TK/TCL or Python for X interface

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 09:40:50AM -0400, David Z Maze wrote:
> Larry Smith <doccpu@yahoo.com> writes:
> > I'm interested in using a product for relatively easy
> > X windows interfacing for C programs.  I seem to see
> > that both the TK/Tcl and Python products are used for
> > this purpose.
> >
> > Is there a general consensus on which is most commonly
> > used for that purpose?  Or, is one a more recent and
> > perhaps more capable product?
>
> I feel like Tcl isn't used much these days, though Python has rapidly
> gained popularity over the past year or two.  The Python/Gtk
> integration is quite nice and it's very easy to write graphical
> programs that way (if you're only using stock widgets, easier than in
> C even).

in case of multiplatform application, you can use wxPython, it's easy
and nice too

--

bye

Vanous
Petr Vanek                       ..... ./\.  ....
Debian GNU Linux                 .. _|\|  |/|_ ..
vanous@penguin.cz                .. \        /...
http://www.penguin.cz/~vanous    ... >______< ...
Angus, Ontario, CA               ...... / .......
Registered linux user #217487