Re: deb repository

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 07:52:33AM -0700, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
| Is the a repository, something like, RPMFind.net, available for
| Debian?

It's even better than that!  The debian repository only has packages
for debian (whereas rpmfind.net has packages for a dozen or so
distros).  To download a package from it (and install it) merely run
'apt-get install <packagename>'.  To get an updated list of what is
available, run 'apt-get update', and to search for a package, run
'apt-cache search <query parameters>'.  Dependency resolution is also
automatic.  In particular, one mirror of the repository is on
http://http.us.debian.org/, and can be browsed with a web browser (if
you want, it's meant for access via automated tools like apt) with a
url such as http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/.

-D

--

Who can say, "I have kept my heart pure;
I am clean and without sin"?

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/